Friday, February 17, 2012
The final results with Jacquard Yellow Sun
This color is the result of two blues and a yellow. the blues were done first and then I over dyed them with Jacquard Yellow Sun. I didn't really turn out as I expected, I wanted more yellow and less green. but it cant be out done. I did learn that even though when I added Yellow Sun to the dye bath, it appeared like there was not much yellow in the bath and it was too pale. So like a fool I added another 1/2 teaspoon of yellow! BAD IDEA!! The end result had much more green than intended and it was a more vibrant than I hand intended.
Sure enough once I wound the ball up it was indeed much more green than blue or yellow. Still it was an important lesson learned. I decided to continue to work the tie as intended even if the colors where not what I thought they would be.