Sunday, February 19, 2012

Yarns of Italy and Jacquard Dyes


This time I wanted to do a brown.  But I was unsure how it would be so I decided to make a small dyebath.  I tried my new yarn from Yarns of Italy 

This is there 100% Merino wool DK yum! super soft and definitely meets my high expectations.

 As always I have to soak it in a acid water solution.
While that soaks I make the bath and add the dye.  I added 1/8 teaspoon of Jacquard dyes because I like my dyes to be slightly under-saturated and uneven.
Oh that looks like... smoke, but its not just part of the process.  I think I can see some nicely uneven brown in there!

OHHHH!!! that looks good!!

Oh thats stunning! WOW!! I love it! I love it so much I might l just start selling this dyed and not work it into ties.  I dont know I feel like the market for dyed yarns is so packed.

Anyway this is the last image of it till it dries,  I love the lights and darks.  The yarn is in the bath room drying and once it is dry i will update you.

No comments:

Post a Comment